Final yr Priti Patel, UK House Secretary, outlawed Hamas in its entirety, branding it a terrorist organisation and threatening that “members of Hamas or those that invite assist for the group may very well be jailed for as much as 14 years”. Beforehand Hamas’s militant wing (the Izz al-Din al-Qassem Brigades) was proscribed, not its political wing.
So BritGov, which has been largely answerable for the devastating occasions within the Holy Land for the final 100 years and fancies itself as an skilled on peace initiatives, now gained’t converse with the occasion the Palestinians elected to signify them. Isn’t that taking our ‘Israel’s bitch’ function a bit too far?
The instrument used to skewer Hamas is right here. An informal look reveals that the cooked-up justification for Patel’s motion might equally be utilized to the Israeli regime and its strategies. As everybody is aware of (besides the Zio-freaks in Washington and Westminster), Israel’s behaviour meets and exceeds each definition and specification of terror with flying colors. However the apartheid regime, whose values our Authorities repeatedly tells us we share, continues to take pleasure in impunity whereas Hamas are condemned for utilizing violence.
However UN Common Meeting decision 37/43 reaffirms that it’s legit for individuals of their battle for independence and liberation from colonial and overseas domination and occupation to make use of “all accessible means, together with armed battle“. And the decision says that denial of these inalienable rights and Israel’s repeated acts of aggression in opposition to the individuals of the area “represent a critical risk to worldwide peace and safety”.
It might appear that Ms Patel has hassle distinguishing between legit armed battle and acts of terror.
UNGA additionally criticises the expansionist actions of Israel which forestall the Palestinians attaining independence. And it “strongly condemns” Governments that fail to acknowledge the rights of peoples nonetheless underneath colonial domination and alien subjugation. That features you, Westminster, so please get your act collectively.
When Hamas gained Palestine’s legislative elections honest and sq. in 2006 the US, Israel and Britain ganged as much as deny them the popularity and wherewithal to take over from their rival and sore loser, Fatah. Since then Hamas have elevated their recognition and would in all probability wipe the ground with Fatah once more if elections have been held. However whereas Hamas are holed up in Gaza, Fatah cling to energy illegitimately within the West Financial institution as does their president Abbas, controlling the Palestinian Authority and the PLO with no fashionable mandate for 16 years. However Abbas remains to be strutting the worldwide stage although to not a lot impact.
During which case is it not perverse for BritGov, or every other gov, to speak to Fatah and never Hamas, when Hamas is now, and really probably shall be once more, the democratic selection?
Hamas or Fatah: which one really represents Palestine?
For a very long time after 2006 Hamas appeared to have hassle adjusting to the truth of their sudden election win and obtained themselves a foul press for not re-writing their Constitution and deleting its inflamatory language. Zionist propagandists have had a discipline day at their expense, hampering Hamas’s efforts to ascertain diplomatic credibility.
Let me say that I’ve no reference to Hamas, I’m not a supporter and I don’t suggest anyone changing into one. However on condition that Biden’s administration is reportedly top-heavy with Zionist Jews the go to was certain to be one more stab within the again for Palestinians from one more puppet US president, and I puzzled how Hamas and Fatah would every react. In fact the good man would by no means dream of dropping in on Gaza and capturing the breeze with the fellows there. However he did cease off within the West Financial institution to speak to quisling Mahmoud Abbas who heads up Fatah, whereas on a regular basis wanting ahead to a love-in with Israel’s new PM, Yair Lapid.
So right here was a easy check.
What did ‘good boys’ Fatah should say? Properly, who is aware of? After I checked the web sites of the Palestinian Authority, the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) and the Palestine Embassy in London this morning I noticed nothing about Biden’s go to. So they continue to be true to their long-term coverage of being ineffective to the Palestinian trigger .
And what did Ms Patel’s ‘terrorists’ say? After I checked Hamas’s web site, positive sufficient I discovered a bit expressing their disappointment. They make a variety of highly effective factors which boil right down to this:
• Biden’s go to underlines America’s persevering with assist for the unlawful occupation and supplies additional cowl for Israel’s crimes in opposition to humanity together with the Judaization of the Palestinian homeland and Islamic and Christian holy locations.
• The actual function of his go to is to additional combine the Zionist intruder Israel into the Arab world and faux the connection with its neighbours is ‘normalised’. This solely causes extra instability and insecurity in a area nonetheless affected by earlier American interference and the unending occupation America funds.
• Hamas ask the US administration to recognise the inalienable rights of the Palestinians and finish its assist for Israel’s merciless occupation which defies all worldwide covenants, legal guidelines and a raft of Safety Council resolutions.
• Hamas urge the Palestinian Authority to not belief America’s guarantees to guard and assist Palestinians’ nationwide rights. As an alternative, the PA should go along with the individuals’s want for continued resistance in defence of Palestinian lands and holy websites, rejecting fruitless negotiations and condemning the unlawful settlements which might be meant to scupper the Palestinian trigger.
• Hamas name on the peoples of their Arab and Islamic Ummah, and all free individuals of the world, to reject America’s self-serving insurance policies which wreck the area’s stability, stifle its financial potential and are merely aimed toward bolstering the Zionist enemy.
• The Palestinian individuals will proceed to make use of no matter means can be found to attain liberation, self-determination and the return of those that have been pushed into exile.
This brings collectively essential factors often made by others, so isn’t distinctive to Hamas. However it’s an indication they’re leaning in the direction of pro-Palestine mainstream thought. Maybe Ms Patel has a view on all this, since her certainty about what constitutes actual terrorism and who’re its perpetrators is so rock-solid that she has legislated on it.
In the meantime I’d prefer to know what either side consider Biden’s failure to reinstate the US consulate in Palestinian East Jerusalem as promised and his failure to halt Israel’s legal settlement constructing.
And, not least, his crass comment that the long-dead two-state answer is “the easiest way to make sure the long run significant measure of freedom, prosperity and democracy for Israelis and Palestinians” however “not within the close to time period”.
How for much longer should the world wait?
18 July 2022