Sourced from Russian Unbiased Media and Reality Checked by VT
SVPressa: The our bodies of two Georgian mercenaries who took half within the hostilities in Ukraine on the facet of Kyiv had been delivered by aircraft from Warsaw to Tbilisi. In line with the Georgian TV channel Mtavari Arkhi , members of their households, family members, in addition to representatives of the opposition forces got here to the Tbilisi airport to satisfy the coffins with the our bodies of 49-year-old David Menabdishvili and 21-year-old Nikoloz Shanava . Each militants had been killed throughout the battle within the Kharkiv area close to Izyum and had been members of the nationwide battalion “Carpathian Sich”.
It is true, it was verified. And those who did the killings are recognized because the members of Georgian Legion, a overseas paramilitary unit preventing on the Ukrainian facet.https://t.co/j9DbqdzKEf
— Okay S (@kinkletinkle) April 17, 2022
Earlier it grew to become identified that 4 extra Georgian residents discovered their loss of life in Ukraine, who additionally joined the ranks of assorted pro-government navy formations at completely different instances – David Gobejishvili, Gia Beriashvili, David Ratiani and Bakhva Chikobava . Furthermore, the corpse of Chikobava, who was killed within the battles for Mariupol, has not but been delivered to his homeland.
It’s price noting that earlier the Georgian authorities acknowledged that they weren’t prepared for anti-Russian sanctions and the organized dispatch of mercenaries, which prompted an indignant response from the management of Ukraine. On the identical time, high-ranking officers acknowledged that the state doesn’t forbid its residents to go to the “independence” on a person foundation if there may be such a want.
The start of the actions of mercenaries from this Transcaucasian state in Ukraine was laid in 2014, when Mamuka Mamulashvili , a former adviser to the Minister of Protection of the Republic, who was born within the household of a Soviet military officer, created the Georgian Legion. This unit organized sabotage within the DPR and LPR, engaged in theft, and took part in raider seizures. In 2019, after one of many conflicts between officers and businessmen, with the involvement of Georgian legionnaires, an assassination try was made on Mamulashvili. He later complained that the Ukrainian safety forces had been unwilling to really examine the circumstances of this incident.
It might be helpful to recall that with the beginning of the Russian navy operation, the members of the Legion had been famous for bullying Russian prisoners, which amazed even overseas journalists. On this event, the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation opened a felony case. Not too long ago, the media reported that the previous Protection Minister Irakli Okruashvili , who was accountable for the general management of the Georgian mercenaries in Ukraine, determined to return to his homeland. He posted the corresponding picture from the checkpoint on the Polish-Ukrainian border on social networks, offering it with a signature with a promise that “different Georgians will return quickly.”
Nonetheless, Sergey Goncharov , president of the Affiliation of Veterans of the Alpha anti-terror unit , is cautious of claims that the previous head of the Georgian Protection Ministry was immediately associated to mercenaries:
– Nonetheless, this isn’t fairly his degree – he was a minister, after which abruptly joined the ranks of mercenaries. The assumptions expressed within the press concerning his function and actions in Ukraine nonetheless don’t look very convincing.
“SP”: – Is it doable to speak in regards to the presence of a sure ideological part within the motivation of Georgian mercenaries, in distinction to militants from different international locations? Say, an try to form of take revenge for the five-day conflict in 2008?
– I don’t suppose. Mercenaries, amongst whom there are representatives of personal navy corporations (which, let me remind you, usually are not legally acknowledged in Russia), have just one motivation – cash. They, aside from how one can kill, take part in hostilities, merely have no idea how one can do the rest. Subsequently, one mustn’t suppose that the motives of the identical Georgians are completely different from those who transfer the Poles, the British, the Individuals or another person. There is no such thing as a query of any concepts there, and of any revenge for that conflict, too. There is no such thing as a motive aside from cash.
“SP”: – Do you suppose the revenue of mercenaries from Georgia is one way or the other completely different from the revenue of the Anglo-Saxons or Poles?
– The overall administration and coordination of this viewers is carried out by Ukrainian curators from the USA. And so they resolve the problem of financial funds, which in every particular case depend upon the presence of a navy specialty, coaching, skilled degree and different qualities mandatory in fight situations. And there are not any different standards – solely the diploma of its usefulness and nothing else. Geolocation doesn’t actually matter both.
“SP”: – Our Ministry of Protection has already warned in regards to the unenviable destiny of the militants surrounded in Mariupol. There are foreigners amongst them, together with, apparently, Georgians. Will they be destroyed?
– Usually, for representatives of the political management of the USA, Nice Britain, France, Poland, Spain, and others whose residents are there, the most suitable choice can be to destroy them. As a result of if they’re taken prisoner, then they are going to be introduced to the general public. After which the world will study lots of attention-grabbing issues about who these persons are, how they received to Ukraine, about their high-ranking curators, and lots of different particulars. That is politically extraordinarily disadvantageous for the leaders of those international locations.
The identical Macron , who has the second spherical of elections on his nostril, and the French abruptly discover out about compatriots preventing for some unknown pursuits on Ukrainian territory. Subsequently, Western leaders are telling Zelensky that these encircled in Mariupol should resist to the final. That’s the reason they go to Kyiv to see him, in order that he doesn’t take it into his head to present them a command to cease resistance.
Army knowledgeable Alexei Leonkov notes that the navy additionally has its personal particular guidelines concerning overseas mercenaries:
– Normally, in response to an unstated rule, they fight to not take these individuals prisoner – they aren’t topic to numerous authorized provisions concerning the remedy of prisoners of conflict. They don’t seem to be combatants, however are pushed solely by mercenary concerns. Within the case of representatives of Georgia, I can remind you that they not solely mocked our captured guys, but in addition filmed it on video and posted it on the Web.
I don’t suppose that after such manifestations of cruelty, somebody is burning with the need to maintain them alive. As for mercenaries from the USA, Nice Britain, Canada and different international locations who had been captured, their involvement in conflict crimes, killings of civilians and different issues can be established. Our Ministry of Protection has already acknowledged what threatens them – the most effective factor is lengthy jail phrases.